Why Does Flonase Smell Like Flowers?
Flonase is a medication used to relieve symptoms of allergies, such as a runny nose, sneezing and itchy eyes. But one thing that makes Flonase stand out from other medications, is its scent. Flonase has a distinct, pleasant smell that has been described as smelling like flowers.
What Causes Flonase’s Smell?
The pleasant odor of Flonase is due to the active ingredient found in it, fluticasone propionate. Fluticasone propionate is an artificial form of the steroid hormone cortisol and is used to reduce inflammation. In order to make the hormone pleasant smelling, it is cooked with a variety of citrus smelling oils, such as orange, lemon and lime. This combination is known as an enfleurage, a French term. By adding these citrus oils, it creates the unique smell the Flonase has come to be known by.
The Benefits of Having a Pleasant Smelling Flonase
Not only does Flonase provide much needed relief for allergy sufferers, but its pleasant smell also provides several benefits. Below are some of the benefits of having a pleasant smelling flonase.
- Encourages Compliance: When people don’t want to take medication due to its unpleasant taste or smell, they may be hesitant to take the recommended dose. However, with the pleasant smell of Flonase, people are more likely to comply with the prescribed dosage.
- Reduces Anxiety: The smell of Flonase can reduce stress and anxiety associated with taking medication. It causes people to associate taking their medicine with something pleasant instead of something unpleasant.
- Boosts Mood: The smell of Flonase has been shown to improve people’s moods. This could be due to the scent stimulating the senses and providing a feeling of relaxation.
Flonase is a wonderful medication for those who suffer from allergies. Its pleasant smell makes it enjoyable to take, which encourages people to take the recommended dose and boosts their mood. While this is just a small part of what Flonase does, it is yet another example of why it is such a popular medication for allergy sufferers.
2. What ingredients in Flonase are responsible for its flowery scent?
Flonase does not have any fragrance ingredients in its formula; however, it does contain active ingredients such as fluticasone propionate, which has a strong, chemical scent. This scent is usually masked by other components of the nasal spray.
3. Is the flowery scent natural or added?
The specific flowery scent will depend on the type of soap being discussed. Some soaps have natural fragrances, while others may have additional perfumes added to produce a flowery scent.
1. What type of flowers does Flonase smell like?
Flonase does not have a distinct smell.
4. Are certain flowers used in the creation of Flonase?
No, Flonase is a medication containing Fluticasone Propionate which is a synthetic corticosteroid and not a flower-based remedy.
5. Do all varieties of Flonase have a flowery scent?
No, not all varieties of Flonase have a flowery scent. Flonase Sensimist is a variety of Flonase that does not have a flowery scent.