YNW Melly Allegedly Shooting His Friends
The music world was rocked when YNW Melly was charged with the shooting death of two of his friends, Christopher Thomas Jr. and Anthony Williams, also known as YNW Juvy. Questions quickly arose about why he would do such a thing. Here’s what we know about the incident and why YNW Melly allegedly killed his friends.
Facts About the Incident
The shooting occurred on October 26, 2018 in Miramar, Florida. YNW Melly and his two friends were involved in a drive-by shooting and a witness reported seeing YNW Melly shoot the two victims.
Shortly after the shooting occurred, YNW Melly posted on his Instagram page that his two friends had passed away. Later, a warrant was issued for YNW Melly’s arrest.
Motives Behind the Shooting
Though the motive behind the shooting is unclear, there are some theories floating around.
- Money: YNW Melly’s success as an artist had made him a lot of money. It is possible that he killed his friends because they were asking for too much money.
- Revenge: Another possible motive for the shooting is revenge. It has been suggested that YNW Melly was seeking revenge for a previous disagreement.
- Drugs: It has also been suggested that the shooting may have been drug-related. YNW Melly and his friends may have been involved in some sort of drug deal gone wrong.
The truth will likely never be known until YNW Melly stands trial and can share his version of events. Until then, all that is known is that two lives were tragically taken due to a shooting involving YNW Melly and his friends.
5. What sentence did YNW Melly receive for his involvement in the double murders?
YNW Melly received two life sentences without the possibility of parole for his involvement in the double homicide.
4. How did the authorities discover the evidence which implicated YNW Melly in the crime?
The authorities discovered the evidence which implicated YNW Melly in the crime by analyzing cell phone location data, and comparing it to surveillance camera footage at the time of the shooting. Additionally, they interviewed witnesses and examined physical evidence such as shell casings and ballistic evidence.
2. How did he go about carrying out the crime?
Ted Bundy went to great lengths to carry out his crimes. He often targeted college-aged women and would gain access to their homes by posing as a handyman or someone else in need of help. Additionally, Bundy was known to use his own vehicle both as a tool of convenience for him to easily transport his victims as well as a tool for disguise, as he had numerous false license plate numbers on his car. Additionally, he was known to use props such as crutches and plaster casts, specifically his own arm cast, to gain sympathy and access to both public and private spaces.
1. What prompted YNW Melly to murder his cohorts?
No clear motivation for the murders has been established. However, it has been suggested that YNW Melly was motivated by financial gain and was attempting to cover up a failed robbery attempt. Additionally, prosecutors allege that YNW Melly shot them to protect his reputation as a “street legend”, as the victims were planning to tell people about his alleged involvement in previous shootings.