Why Did Chief Quit Street Outlaws?
The explosive show Street Outlaws and its beloved character Chief, have had viewers tuning in to the Discovery Channel week after week. His departure, however, came as quite a shock to fans of the show.
Rumors and Speculation
Speculation around Chief’s departure has been running rampant since the announcement. Some of the most popular theories include:
- Chief Wanted to Pursue Other Opportunities – Since the show first aired, Chief has been passionate about the drag racing scene in Oklahoma. It seems unlikely that the show has been providing Chief with the creative and financial flexibility he needs. It’s possible that Chief is looking to break away from Street Outlaws and pursue his own interests.
- He Doesn’t Want to be a Part of the Drama – The show has become increasingly dramatic over the seasons, and it’s possible that Chief wasn’t as interested in the over-the-top antics of some of his fellow racers. After all, he’s been a perennial favorite because of his cool, level-headed demeanor.
- Creative Differences – Although this is the least likely of the theories, it’s possible that a disagreement between Chief and the show’s production team caused him to leave the show.
A Return to the Show?
The producers of the show have insisted that Chief’s departure is permanent, though some fans are holding out hope for his return down the line. While it seems unlikely that Street Outlaws will be able to entice Chief back to the show, only time will tell. Chief’s fans can only hope that he returns to the track one day!
3. Was there an issue between Chief and other Street Outlaws members prior to him quitting?
Yes, there were issues between Chief and some other Street Outlaws members prior to him quitting. Specifically, Chief was not happy with being asked to help test cars and had tension with other members of the Street Outlaws crew due to their disagreements regarding how the show should be run. Additionally, Chief’s strained relationship with Big Chief had further exacerbated these issues.
5. Did Chief have other career ambitions outside of Street Outlaws?
Chief has spoken about his career ambitions outside of Street Outlaws. He’s expressed wanting to become more involved in the automotive industry, potentially opening up his own shop or becoming a professional driver or mechanic. He has also talked about possibly starting his own clothing line featuring custom-built apparel.
1. What led Chief to his decision to leave Street Outlaws?
Chief’s decision to leave Street Outlaws was mainly due to the expectations that business owners and sponsors had for the show. Chief wanted Street Outlaws to remain focused on the racing street cars and the vehicles’ personal stories, but business owners and sponsors started wanting to focus more on drama and creating a show for entertainment, which Chief disagreed with.
2. Are Chief’s former castmates on Street Outlaws surprised by his departure?
No, many of Chief’s former castmates are not surprised by his departure. Chief had a history of drama and controversy on the show which caused a lot of tension within the cast. Some of his castmates had even gone on the record saying that they fully expected him to leave the show at some point.